Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

Display Energy Certificates (DECs)

Tel: 01626 365581


Energy Assessment

Commercial & Domestic







Lost certificate

If you know there is a valid certificate for your property but you do not have a copy you can obtain one from the central register using the report reference number.

It is likely however that if you don't have the report you will also not know the report reference number. If that is the case you should follow the links and look for the "Lost Report Reference Number" option on the site menu. Provided you have the right to a copy of the certificate you should be able to obtain one.

Domestic EPCs

Commercial EPCs & DECs

May 11

Trading Standards

The role of Trading Standards

Trading standards can issue fixed penalty notices for non-compliance with the obligation for all homes being built or sold to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Display Energy Certificates (DEC) are required for larger public buildings, enabling everyone to see how energy efficient public buildings are. Trading standards is responsible for ensuring that the DEC is displayed at all times in a prominent place clearly visible to the public.


Trading Standards Institute

May 11


Fuel Poverty

A household is considered to be in fuel poverty if it needs to spend more than 10 percent of its income on fuel for adequate heating (usually 21 degrees for the main living area, and 18 degrees for other occupied rooms).

May 11